Fuzz pedals and Mark V?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob A.

Reaction score
Does anyone here use a fuzz with their mark v? I have my eye on the EHX Big Muff with tone and wicker switches, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm looking for something that might get me in the ballpark of Matt Pike's tone on early High on fire albums, early Queens of the Stone Age, The Sword, Ozzy era Sabbath etc. Has anyone managed (or tried) to get anything like that with the V?

Bob A. said:
Does anyone here use a fuzz with their mark v? I have my eye on the EHX Big Muff with tone and wicker switches, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm looking for something that might get me in the ballpark of Matt Pike's tone on early High on fire albums, early Queens of the Stone Age, The Sword, Ozzy era Sabbath etc. Has anyone managed (or tried) to get anything like that with the V?

I've used the Zvex Mastotron with it and it worked well. I wasn't using it all that much though so I ended up selling it. I don't think I'd get it again though. It was more of a "utility" sounding fuzz. I've owned an Fuzz Factory but not with this amp...that I might try again.

I've heard good things about DeviEver fuzzes and I've been wanting to give the Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom a try.

I'm using a fulltone 70 with my MV combo. I really like it. I had a big muff but i found it too woofy for my taste so I sought out a fuzz face derivative. Sound great in channel one, tweed either 10w or 45w. The treble can get hairy on the tweed mode so adjust accordingly! :twisted:

Back