• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: MESA/boogie Studio Preamp - SOLD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFontaine

Reaction score
I have an early 90's Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp in good condition. Back when amps were actually hand wired. This unit is very clean, rackmountable, and sounds amazing! Everything works well. It's based on the preamp of the fabled Mark IIC+, which is considered the holy grail of Mesa tone. This is a great preamp in excellent working shape. Only selling because I no longer gig. This does NOT come with the original footswitch, however I can provide one that works with the amp to switch between lead and clean channels.

From the Mesa Manual:
"MESA/Boogie Studio Preamp! In this compact, rack-ready package you'll find all the basic tones that made Boogie famous -- clean, warm, smooth rhythm sounds; a screaming, vicious Lead voice; and enough control to produce anything in between. The Preamp is simple and straightforward, yet sophisticated. Like all other Boogies, it's based on a no compromise, all-tube circuit with traditional style tone controls and instant Lead/Rhythm footswitching. It includes a 5 band graphic EQ for tone customizing; a carefully tweaked, deep-sounding 3-spring reverb; a stereo effects loop that can accommodate either low-level or line-level effects; and two pairs of stereo outputs (including Recording Outputs with speaker-simulator circuitry, which will mate perfectly with either a mixing console or the front end input of most guitar amps.)"

I'm asking for $500 plus shipping costs. Insurance optional at buyers expense.

Thanks for looking!

NFontaine, is this still for sale? If so, would you take $425 (plus shipping) and include the footswitch you described? I'm asking this since you said you're willing to negotiate. Please let me know asap---thanks in advance. Definitely interested.

Latest posts

Back