First Mesa, New Here!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jludai

Reaction score
Just recieved my first Mesa, a 2x12 Roadster, and I,m loving it! Got to say this forum with it's discussion and clips is what put me over the edge as I live nowhere near a store. The more I play and learn it's nuances the more I dig it, as I'm more of an old school guy (maybe just old!) I've got serveral amps including a '69 superlead, a Mojave Scorpion, and a 50/50. Had a chance the other night to open up the Roadster and wow, was I impressed! Which brings me to a question, since I now have an effects loop I'd like to buy a G major/force or something simular. I don't gig and it would be used only in my studio. I would appreciate your thoughts and or suggestions! Thanks

The G major would be a great rack unti for it... since you have some pretty expensive amps (love the Mojave), ask around about the G force..thats a big bucks F/X but heard praises if price isnt an issue.

Ask Fredster(member in here) about what he is using as I belive he was the first Board member to own the Roadster & post some killer sound clips.
Keep it loud man !

Congrats and welcome........hopefully someone will come along to answer the TC Electronics question. I too am looking for a similar G-something unit but the lower end..........

the G major used,goes usually within the $250 to $350.
Nothing wrong with used if you can find out it was well taken care of and trust the seller.

I just picked up a Nomad 45 1x12 this past weekend. I hope it doesn't take too much longer to find the right sound out of the Nomad, although I haven't been able to turn it to a volume to drive it.

I have a couple of other tube combo amps (B-52 AT212, B-52 AT112, Peavey Prowler) that sound a lot better, so far, at lower volumes.

I give it another week - hopefully I can find the sound. Is this common for Mesa's?

I think the Mesa's you have to tweak around a bit more than most other amps. But, when you find the sound, man, you have the SOUND!

Ciao ...

I had a Nomad 55 1x12 combo, and loved the dirty, vintage sound. But, I couldn't find the clean tone so I sold it. It has one of the best footpedals though.

Latest posts

Back