Finally got my Tremoverb head back!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4nkam

Reaction score
So I got home last night and there it was, a nice great big box from Mesa Boogie containing my Tremoverb chassis :) I still haven't been able to screw it back in, haha...It's just sitting inside the headshell, but it ain't going anywhere.

I fired it up and man, I forgot how cool these suckers sound. Even though I haven't had too much time to play on it since I've had it, every single moment is just fun. I still gotta mess around with it some more though...but the buzz is at a minimum and I've got two great crunch settings dialed in. I'm not sure what I like more, vintage or modern. Both are great for different things...

How are you guys running your Rectos and for what kind of tones?

MJ

I like the Vintage mode on my Tremoverb and my Rectoverb (and also on my, now gone, Triple Recto). I also like my clean channel with just a hint of overdrive so that it sounds clean when playing gentle, but has a bite to it when hit hard.

hey guys, you both have 94s right?

what serial numbers are they? just trying to work it out because t-verb no. R0032xx is going to be sent here very shortly ;>

I loved both vintage and modern when I had my old one. Played an entire metal gig with vintage once and it killed

Yep, mine is from August 1994 and it's #4156 :)

I just took a break from playing it and man I think I've got it dialed in to where I like it for most of my guitars :) I like vintage high gain for Eb stuff and modern for anything tuned down...

MJ

I've got both channels dialed in better and I'm digging it even more :)
rig1.jpg

MJ

Bro, my amp suffer from the same problem as tele-jas. can u pinpoint the exact resistor thats doing this? voodoamps is not helping much and my amp tech here has been taking 5mnths already. do help me out. thanx

Lemme check through my notes, I have the basic location where the faulty resistors are located. They are the screen grid resistors and are a problem straight from boogie, they ALL go bad eventually. that's one of the main reasons Voodoo doesn't work on them anymore.

MJ

Ok, I checked and it's not what I thought I had written down. If I recall correctly though, you would need to remove the entire chassis because it's on the underside. You should be able to trace it out though, I think they are the ones that feed towards the tube sockets...I think.

Just pull the chassis and carefully inspect everything (but don't touch anything) and check for anything that looks browned/burned.

MJ

Latest posts

Back