EV Force 12 Recone OK?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundchaser59

Reaction score
I can get an EV Force 12 speaker that the guy says is fully restored to spec, including new cone with cloth surround, new voice coil, new spider, new everything, except the basket and the magnet are original. Says he has done approx 500 recones, and none have been returned, etc. Says he tested it with a 150 watt amp (it's a 150 watt speaker) and there are no issues, sounds great, etc.etc.etc. blah blah blah.... The photos look super clean and good as new, no glue showing, whatever.

For probably less than $100 bucks. I dont know what these things go for, or if they even make them or sell them any more. If they do, they are very hard to find. But it sounds like the specs on the thing might be similar to some of the bigger Eminence, magnet is maybe 4-5 poounds, sensitivity is around 97-98db? I believe the vc is maybe a 2 incher or bigger? Something like that.

All I wanna use it for is my Vox practice amp, since the 70/80 that's in the amp is nothing to brag about. I do use this amp for very small 1x monthly gigs and some basement jamming, but nothing road hard and put up wet.

Is this recone worth it? Or should I hold out for the real EVM-12L variety? (of which I already have 1....) Or should I just settle for a Swamp Thang and call it good?

Thanks for any insight!

Well, I ended up buying an Eminence Commonwealth 12 instead.

But ya know what..... I cannot find any fault with the guy listing this EV Force recone for sale.

His feedback is stellar, everybody really really likes his work and his results, near as I can tell.

But WOW! I have never had anybody give me so much information and answer all of my questions so completely! His service is absolutely outstanding, even though I ended up not buying his speaker! Everything he told me was honest and spot on accurate. Too bad he didn't have any EVM's for sale. I definitely woulda bought one of those!

VERY IMPRESSIVE! I didn't even buy from him this time, and I would buy from him again!!

Back