EQ's?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckD

Reaction score
anybody using eq pedals, racks or otherwise? in front, in the fx loop or both?
i'm using a boss eq200
in front, in the loop or both doubles the fun ...
how do you use your eq?

I have this Source Audio Eq in loop.. used it in previous setups with some midi programs and now it’s in fx loop used when needed.

Works like a charm and straightforward usage.

31 band graphic EQ in the effects loop any time I'm really in a mood to chase the perfect tone. Or if the amp doesn't have its own graphic EQ, such as my Marshalls and my Mark IIB.

I have a Klark Teknik DN405 that i use sometimes along with a Morley Effects Loop Corrector to sort the levels out.

I’ve got the Mesa 5 Band EQ in one of the loops of my GCX, activated for all my TriAxis gain presets (Dynamic Voice on 0) and on a MIDI instant switch for any other preset if I want to activate it on the fly.

I have the Mesa 5BGEQ, works great when using a single amp. However, since I run two Royal Atlantic 100s in tandem, I needed a stereo EQ or a second Mesa 5BGEQ. Boss EQ-200 worked out the best. Besides, I can save my settings and switch to them when needed. Also, if you move the sliders from your desired setting, having that saved in memory for recall is great. Don't mind the Silver Jubilee, it was in the picture as I was using it as a dry amp. Not really needed in the stereo setup.

Attachments

• 20191126_223303.jpg
    20191126_223303.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200719_090910.jpg
    20200719_090910.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 0
Empress ParaEQ in the FX loop. Works perfect with all my Mark amps, prefer it a lot more over Boss EQ and MXRs (I had both).

I'm using Mesa 5-band EQ pedals, and TC Electronics 1140 / 2240 parametrics. The TC's are especially useful since they can also be used before the amp if you want a meticulously-sculpted clean boost.

I've used a source audio eq in the loop of my triaxis. It works perfectly as its midi and you can call up different eq curves just like the very limited DV on the unit itself but way better. No need for eq in the loops of my mkiic+,iii's, coli's or iv.Theres plenty of adequate tone shaping already there for me.

I'm actually running my Alesis DEQ-230 digital 31 bander in my effects rack which is in the loop of my Mark III or V. All the good things you can do with the 5 band EQ to shape your tone can be improved on substantially by putting a 31 bander in the loop. Yes this is SO true.

An interesting way to do it is to start by setting the 31 band EQ flat and use the amp's own 5 bander. Then the 31 bander is used only to make small tweaks to your 5 bander's curve. This way you START with the crushing tone you love, and only refine it, rather than having to rebuild it completely from scratch. Which might be a bit confusing if you go by the EQ freqencies printed on the panel of the Mark amp, because they're NOT accurate to the real center frequencies of the 5 filters. By using the 31 bander only as a trimmer EQ, you avoid that confusion.

The Alesis is a nice unit for many reasons, but best of all, it has 30 user programmable memories so you can set up 30 full 31 band EQ settings in stereo. Or treat it as 60 if you address the EQ as two mono units instead of one stereo unit. The EQs can be decoupled, with a separate curve in each channel, or they can be linked which is the default setting.

Back