Dual Rectifier irregular volume on the same channel?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkrocker

Reaction score
Hey all so I have a Dual Rectifier 2ch version. Whenever I play on the red modern setting with vaccum tubes and spongy power and the volume past 12 oclock there are erratic volume changes. It always seems to be the first note. For example I'll play a power chord strumming several times and the first strum is much louder than all the strums after that. It seems that when I stop playing and then start again its always that first note that is louder than the rest following it. I bought this used off craigslist so who knows how long its been since the tubes have been changed so I'm thinking it might be this? Is this normal? Thanks!

Sounds like the rectifier tubes are sagging in order to supply power.

It would probably be a good idea to do a full retube. You never know how old the tubes are.

One more thing, I just looked and the rectifier tubes don't seem to be lighting up at all. Are they just really dim or something? Seems like though they may be old they must be working at least because otherwise I probably couldn't play on the rectifier setting without something happening.

One more thing, I just looked and the rectifier tubes don't seem to be lighting up at all. Are they just really dim or something? Seems like though they may be old they must be working at least because otherwise I probably couldn't play on the rectifier setting without something happening.

Latest posts

Back