Dual Rectifier and Lexicon MX 200

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiometallicaslave

Reaction score
Please forgive the novice question, but I know absolutely nothing about rack effects.

I have a Dual Recto and a 2x12 cab.

Is it possible to use a rack effect -- specifically, the Lexicon MX200 (for reverb and delay) -- through my DR and 2x12 for live performances?

Are there any particular drawbacks other than the lack of flexibility/ease of a foot pedal?

[this is the lexicon unit i'm referencing: http://www.zzounds.com/item--LEXMX200]

Thanks in advance. again, sorry if this is a stupid question.

There's no problem, other than the fact that you have to change effects and amp channels with two different switches. Since that's a dedicated reverb unit, it'll just be on for every channel. You *might* want to consider something more guitar-oriented - or you might not, if all you want is 'verb. FX tend to get addictive, though, and you find yourself saying things like "hey, some chorus would really sweeten up the clean channel"...

Some find the parallel effects loop on the Rectifiers to be finicky with certain effects. Modding to a series loop can eliminate these problems. Try the effects through your loop first, find the right levels, and see if it works for you. If not, consider the mod! :idea:

I had a Quadraverb II (I think) that I ran through my Triple's FX loop.... The only FX i used were delay and reverb and it worked perfect for that. Since it was the same 2 effects on at all times, I had to find a happy meeting place for all three channels to sound good on.

The parallel loop will work fine with delay and reverb, you will never get a deep lush reverb, but it can sound pretty good. If you decide to try any other effects other than delay and verb, you won't have much luck in the parallel loop (chours, vibrato, phaser, BBE, ect...), but the delay and verb should work fine for you.

Latest posts

Back