dual rec or roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest1226

Reaction score
hey everyone. Im looking for something with the same type tones as the dual rec but with better cleans and a series loop. I use a g major setup with a gcx ground control and audio switcher but the dual rec fx loop sounds like ***. I was wondering if the roadster had a series loop as well as how the cleans are on it. Can i get the same heavy tones for metal (killswitch, all that remains, etc.) from the roadster as i can from the dual. How different are the two. Thanks!!!

I used to own a Dual Rec and now have a Roadster. It does have a series loop. As far as the cleans, they are better than the Dual, but I have found so far that they still distort very easily. If anyone has any suggestions, I am always open.
You can definitely get the brutal tones of the Dual. I feel the Roadster's gain is a bit smoother. I run an OCD pedal in front of mine and it definitely gives it more oomph. I also like the lead tones of the Roadster much better than the Dual Rec.
Roadster all the way!!!!

jhguitar1 said:
I used to own a Dual Rec and now have a Roadster. It does have a series loop. As far as the cleans, they are better than the Dual, but I have found so far that they still distort very easily. If anyone has any suggestions, I am always open.
You can definitely get the brutal tones of the Dual. I feel the Roadster's gain is a bit smoother. I run an OCD pedal in front of mine and it definitely gives it more oomph. I also like the lead tones of the Roadster much better than the Dual Rec.
Roadster all the way!!!!

+1

I used to own a '01 Triple and the Roadster is much more 'Lead friendly' in comparison.

I find that I can get some really clean tones (w/ actives) by setting the volume on the guitar low, and using conservative master & gain settings. It's not 'squeaky clean', but it sounds better than the Triple did clean!

The spring reverb is nice also, something I wished the Triple had when I bought it.

Dom

Latest posts

Back