Doug's tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodbath666

Reaction score
I've seen some mention of this place from other forums and I was wondering if anyone here has bought tubes from doug? Do you know if he can match a quad of tubes up for my Mark IV like bob at eurotubes can? How was your experience with doug's tubes?

Doug is a First rate guy to deal with.
I have done buisness with him for a few years and done 6 re-tubes(spent a boat load of money ) with his shop.
He knows tubes,can match power tubes and also balance triodes in preamp tubes.

His amp knowlege is very good,matching tubes to your head and what tone your after. He doesnt rape on shipping either,fair prices all across the board.
Plus,not to take buisness from Eurotubes,but he also sells JJ's as well.

You'll be more than happy with him. I cant give him enough praise.

prs1999 said:
Doug is a First rate guy to deal with.
I have done buisness with him for a few years and done 6 re-tubes(spent a boat load of money ) with his shop.
He knows tubes,can match power tubes and also balance triodes in preamp tubes.

His amp knowlege is very good,matching tubes to your head and what tone your after. He doesnt rape on shipping either,fair prices all across the board.
Plus,not to take buisness from Eurotubes,but he also sells JJ's as well.

You'll be more than happy with him. I cant give him enough praise.

Wow, sounds like I should give doug a try then. I sent him a few emails, he was helpfull, but I just wanted to know what fellow boogie users thought of him. I was thinking about going for a matched quad of SED 6l6's in my mark IV.

I've been going with Dougs lately he definately answers his phone.Every time I call he answers.I highly reccommend the Sed 6l6s great tubes.Shipping is minimal also.

prs1999 said:
Hey Thom,
Happy New Year,,,,havent seen you around in awhile. Hows thing?

Happy New Year to you, too.

It is a rare luxury to have a few moments to read this forum, now. I've got a new baby girl (7 weeks now), a new job beginning in a couple of days, and a new Vox AC30CC1 that I barely have time to play (but I have re-tubed it already). How 'bout you? :D

- Thom

Congrats on your new daughter. Get her right on your lap,start playing to her so she wont scream(or mom either) when you finally turn it up...lol
I used to play a early 70's Marshall super lead full stack while my son would rock back and forth like a mad man on his hobby horse.
He's 21 now and doesnt hear a **** thing I say...I wonder why????(LOL)

prs1999 said:
Congrats on your new daughter. Get her right on your lap,start playing to her so she wont scream(or mom either) when you finally turn it up...lol
I used to play a early 70's Marshall super lead full stack while my son would rock back and forth like a mad man on his hobby horse.
He's 21 now and doesnt hear a **** thing I say...I wonder why????(LOL)
Many thanks!! Glad to hear from those who've survived :lol:

Hey, my 4-yr-old has already mastered the "I didn't hear a word you said" face, but I haven't really begun to season her ears, yet.

Now, back to the good vibe dogpile on Doug Preston...

I just spoke with Bob, easiest guy to get along with, knows his **** and thank God or i'd be lost...so after some lengthy emails and some talking about tone the new glass for the triple recto is on its way...

Check this out Timbre, I spoke with Doug 2 days ago on getting some EL34's for my Bogner XTC101B.
Anyway,he is currently buring in 150 EL34 SED's this weekend, and tells me,,,
" I moved the testers out into the garage because they throw off so much heat, I can heat it in the dead of winter"

I was laughing to that fact that has to be the worlds most expensive electric space heater. :lol: I'd love to see that glow ...probably beats out the 'northern lights".

Doug is my first choice when buying tubes. I've ordered from him 3 or 4 times and couldn't be happier. I've never waited more than 2 days for my order to arrive.

prs1999 said:
I was laughing to that fact that has to be the worlds most expensive electric space heater. :lol: I'd love to see that glow ...probably beats out the 'northern lights".
Not quite as good as a lava lamp, but I'd take it. I wonder if he has a sofa in the garage, too?

+1

I ordered new preamp tubes from doug and he is THE MAN

KNnows his stuff, and knows about good business practices.

Kung-Fool said:
Doug is my first choice when buying tubes. I've ordered from him 3 or 4 times and couldn't be happier. I've never waited more than 2 days for my order to arrive.[/quote

Kung, I dont know how he's shipping to you,but with me,he has only used the U.S. postal system..never a problem,and it's cheaper that UPS,FedEx,,etc.
Like I have said, Doug is a straight shooter!

Timbre Wolf said:
prs1999 said:
Not quite as good as a lava lamp, but I'd take it. I wonder if he has a sofa in the garage, too?

Doug told me he likes to time his big orders thru the winter to burn in tubes..god forbid it had to be done in the summer.

Kung-Fool said:
Doug is my first choice when buying tubes. I've ordered from him 3 or 4 times and couldn't be happier. I've never waited more than 2 days for my order to arrive.

Im looking forward to getting my new tubes from Doug as well Ill let you know how long it takes to get to Canada, but he did say he would try for next day :eek:

Doug was very interested in the things I wanted in my tone and recommended some ideas for my triple rec, you just cant beat that type of customer service, hopefully customs will be easy on me.

FYI Doug recommended;
SED winged =C= 6L6GC's
Tung-Sol reissue in V1,
JJ ECC83S high gain in V2
9th gen Shuguang 12AX7C's the rest of the way

Latest posts

Back