Damage Control

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crisis

Reaction score
Anyone tried or own one of these? Thoughts?
I am seriously thinking about one but here in good ol Adelaide Australia I have next to no chance of trying one. I only use these types of effect for particular songs but the thought of having them all together in a package that doesn’t include amp/distortion etc modelling appeals. I also like the way effects can be mixed. OK it looks cool too.

Hello,

I don't know which ones you are referring to, but I have both the Womanizer and Demonizer and use them both to boost my 3 channel DR with JJ tubes with a 2x12 Dr cab.

I have A/B tested them agaist the Fulltone OCD (v2), Keeley SD-1, Keeley Katana, Keeley Compressor and I think that they, for the sound I'm looking for, win hands down. Actually, none of the other pedals mentioned are not being used anymore.

Combined with the DR, they create an extremely smooth, fat and harmonic sound/voicing which is what I'm after. I use them with different EQ settings to produce slightly different voicings.

In comparison the OCD, the best of the rest, sounds a bit edgy and begs for an EQ to complement it. For whatever a subjective opinion is worth.

What kind of sound are you looking for?

dos said:
Hello,

I don't know which ones you are referring to, but I have both the Womanizer and Demonizer and use them both to boost my 3 channel DR with JJ tubes with a 2x12 Dr cab.

I have A/B tested them agaist the Fulltone OCD (v2), Keeley SD-1, Keeley Katana, Keeley Compressor and I think that they, for the sound I'm looking for, win hands down. Actually, none of the other pedals mentioned are not being used anymore.

Combined with the DR, they create an extremely smooth, fat and harmonic sound/voicing which is what I'm after. I use them with different EQ settings to produce slightly different voicings.

In comparison the OCD, the best of the rest, sounds a bit edgy and begs for an EQ to complement it. For whatever a subjective opinion is worth.

What kind of sound are you looking for?
Sorry I meant to post this link. :oops:

http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/pedals_ind.php?pedal=5

Multi effects.

Latest posts

Back