Compressor Pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

Goldtop57

Reaction score
I am in the market for a Compressor pedal and I am curious to see what Compressor pedals you are using with your Mesa. I am going to combine my Les Paul with my Mesa Fillmore50 to get a better tone . What pedal are you using ? What genre(s) of music , amp , guitar are you having success with . I play classic rock and in a 80’s - 90’s R/B orchestra . I like the Wampler Ego so far ,but due to Real Estate on my Pedal Train board being tight , I am thinking the Keeley Mini compressor .
Thank you

G-man66

Reaction score
I have the little Xotic SP Comp and it works great. Also have a Pigtronix Philosopher’s Gold Germainium that can do aimililar duties but also has a gain stage on it. It’s a bit to gritty to me when driven but may sound better in a live setting when I can really push the amp with it.

Can’t go wrong with the Keeley!

Goldtop57

Reaction score
I have the little Xotic SP Comp and it works great. Also have a Pigtronix Philosopher’s Gold Germainium that can do aimililar duties but also has a gain stage on it. It’s a bit to gritty to me when driven but may sound better in a live setting when I can really push the amp with it.

Can’t go wrong with the Keeley!
A guitar playing buddy of mine recommended the Xotic to me first ,,, Thats Intresting you say that ,, thank you

pepislang

Reaction score
All this pedals you’ve described above are great of course but have you tried Cali 76 stacked edition by Origin Effects? I have it as always ON pedal on my board. It sounds great with all my amps incl mkV and Triaxis w/ 2:90 Simul Class. Here is a short demo of how it sounds w/ my Gibson Les Paul Deluxe w/ floyd rose VIDEO here

Goldtop57

Reaction score
All this pedals you’ve described above are great of course but have you tried Cali 76 stacked edition by Origin Effects? I have it as always ON pedal on my board. It sounds great with all my amps incl mkV and Triaxis w/ 2:90 Simul Class. Here is a short demo of how it sounds w/ my Gibson Les Paul Deluxe w/ floyd rose VIDEO here
That is awesome .. but Im limited on my Pedal Train , do they offer a Mini version ?

Billy Hiwatt

Reaction score
02-20-2018-Compressor-Plus-Front-e1524683483950-600x600.jpg

I have the Keeley Compressor. Very satisfied with it.

RobbieAG

Reaction score
I've owned a couple Boss compressors but never gelled with them so they were sold. Maybe I didn't really understand how to use them at the time, but I felt like I lost a lot of the finger sensitivity/touch control of my playing. If I bought another one, it would have to have the mix control so you can adjust the amount of compressed signal with uncompressed.

gabilotcu

Reaction score
Take a look at the Becos. This is a studio quality in a pedal size.

Attachments

• 20230124_110026.jpg
    20230124_110026.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts