Coliseums and Satellites

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Were Coliseums ever made as Satellites?

Attachments

• boogie satellite.jpg
    boogie satellite.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 12
I’ve never seen one. The coliseum had a a wide body chassis and the satellite model was a narrow chassis. That would be cool though! I love the Satellite amps!

Think 1-15" combo, but as a Satellite.

Boogie mkiib coliseum.jpg

Sorta like this:

Attachments

• boogie simul satellite.jpg
    boogie simul satellite.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 0
Of the huge collection of literature I have from early 80s to mid 2's, I've never seen mention of a coli satellite, only the regular combo or head,although there may have been a custom one ordered here and there.
I have a simul satellite head,specifically meant to be paired with the mkiv.Its impressively loud on its own tho.

Last edited:
b, I always thought of the satellite as basically a power amp to slave the IV to- anything more to it than that? Would it be good for keys?

as for the coli it was from Mark IIb thru blue stripe which for S, H and K ran thru the green stripe which ran for a god portion of the IV.

the only K outside of that I've ever seen is this:

Attachments

• 20220319_142237.jpg
    20220319_142237.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220323_161319.jpg
    20220323_161319.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220319_142314.jpg
    20220319_142314.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 0
b, I always thought of the satellite as basically a power amp to slave the IV to- anything more to it than that? Would it be good for keys?
You could run anything directly into the effects loop return and bypass the preamp section, this is how I use my satellite. I'm going to gut my Satellite in the near future, I'm going to ask around here to see if there's someone that would want the complete PCB's for free under the condition that they trace the components and send me a full schematic, just out of curiosity.

I don't really care the for preamp section for clean guitar, but there's no reason why you couldn't run a low level signal into the front input also just to see how it sounds. This would color the sound more since you'd be running your signal through the tone and gain controls.

I would be interested in the PCB's and they should be easy to trace pulled.

Do you want a hand drawn or fancy? I may still have some Xylinx or Altera drag and drop software from school but one of them wasn't all that stable and compatability with OS could be an issue.

Does anyone know of any open source circuit creators or good modern free ones, ideally that can be used to commission the actual board printing?

I am servicing a IIB coli right now and was thinking about tracing all of the ones I have since there are differences between the SP-8B, RP-8C and even within the 3 SP-9A's I've looked at so far.

I'm not particular about the format, hand-drawn or digital or whatever, I just want something accurate and legible so I can create it in LTPSICE, and also compare it to both the Mk IIC+ and Mk IV schematics. Mine is actually a Satellite 60 non-EQ, so it's probably the least useful model to compare directly to a Mk IV.

I'm a stickler for all accessories and literature with my amps.40 years have gone by and I've yet to find an owners manual to my simul satellite head. I have the rackmount kit and the mesa footswitches for it,but no manual or schematics.I did try running my mkiic+ & mkiii colis slave outs into it with decent results

I'm a stickler for all accessories and literature with my amps.40 years have gone by and I've yet to find an owners manual to my simul satellite head. I have the rackmount kit and the mesa footswitches for it,but no manual or schematics.I did try running my mkiic+ & mkiii colis slave outs into it with decent results
The only place I've seen it mentioned is in the Mk IV manual, I have to believe that it came with its own manual originally.

I'm splitting the fx loop send from my IIC+ 60W back into the fx return of the Satellite 60 and the IIC+ to create a stereo rig. My Satellite's power section is voiced a bit differently of course being from the Mk IV era.

^^^^ I've ran my stuff that way too.Seems to work well.Another thing on a satellite manual: I have seen a " settings/ function" cardboard sheet that would've originally been on the top of the head or combo...as the mkiv used to come with.I have an original one from a mkiv. The one I've seen for the satellite is a grainy blurry photo copy that's missing a section of it,floating around on forums.Too bad its not a crystal clear photo as one could make a cardboard version of it.

Latest posts

Back