carl martin combinator 2 / mesa dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

interrogate

Reaction score
hey there, i got myself a combinator 2 to switch channels on my head and choose what ever effects i want etc. i can get it working fine with my rectifier solo 50 as there is 1 external switching jack on the back of it 2 switch between the 2 channels so 1 lead is required. i tried it on the back of the dual recto which has 3 external switching inputs and can only switch between 1st and 2nd channel. so i`m wondering do i need a special cable that runs from 1 jack to 3 jacks to plug into the 3 inputs on the back of the recto to access the 3 channels? any advice on this will be much appreciated as i don`t wanna risk damaging the head.

You have to plug indivual cables from each of the switches in the combinator to the back of the recto, but you only need plugs in chan 1 and chan 3 of the Recto, because chan 2 is the default channel (when neither chan 1 or 3 is engaged, chan 2 is). It will say right on the face of the combinator which channels have the switches.

thanks very much ToneAddictJon for the fast reply! i have it working perfectly now thanks for the advice much apreciated!

Can the combinator 2 be used with a Roadster head? Would you still need to buy an amp gizmo or something like that to switch all the channels? Sorry to butt in, but I thought I would just ask here instead of a new thread.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back