Boss RV-5 w/ Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
I am looking for a reverb to go with my Roadster head. I feel the built in reverb colors the tone and I don' really like it.
I was thinking of getting the Boss RV-5. Is it a good reverb unit? I am also open to suggestions, but I don't have $200+ to spend on one. I don't need a big variety of sounds.

Thanks

i used to have one and it sounded great, but I REALLY can't believe you don't like the reverb on the Roadster! Anyway, the RV-5 is a bit expensive if you don't need a variety of reverb types. The digitech digiverb is supposed to good and for about half the price of the RV-5...

I felt I needed more Reverb on my Roadster - so I tried the RV-5. I really like it - this pedal provides a basic group of reverb types. I have it in my effects loop with my EQ and Noise suppressor.

I use the RV-5 with my Stiletto Ace Combo and absoultly love it. I use the Hall setting and just dial up or down the amount I need for the particular application. Good pedal IMO.

I've been using an EHX Holy Grail reverb for years now, I like it way more than the Boss. Check it out!

Just for the record, I'm using it now with my Roadster, only at low volume...in a band situation I use the amp's reverb.

Latest posts

Back