BOSS MT2 (metalzone) with recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellardweller

Reaction score
I remember seeing in a thread some settings that had been used on a boss MT2 (metalzone) pedal, in conjuction with a recto....

I've used the bad monkey on the front end of my Solo 50 head, and wanted to find a good starting point for using my MT2 in that position alternately.

If I remember correctly, some pretty brutal tones had been had using this setup....

Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

the most common metalzone clean boost is level all the way up, distortion off, and the lows, high's, mid's all at noon or so..thats pretty much my setting's except i have the level at about 2 o'clock cuz its less noise and tighter sounding...so far its my favorite clean boost for my triple recto and marshall. and yes very brutal tones with this setup..its pretty much the florida death metal tone of the 90's bands like deicide, diabolic, cannibal corpse and many more. have fun.

I'm just floored you guys would ruin the great tones of a recto with a Boss Metal Zone. It's a very noisy, tone sucking pedal IMHO and as smooth as a brick in your face. But each to their own :lol:

Try the metalzone straight into the return jack of the fx loop

fpoon said:
Newysurfer said:
It's a very noisy, tone sucking pedal IMHO and as smooth as a brick in your face.

QFT 8)
What does "QFT" mean???

Any approximation/guesstimation of settings as used by Warren Haynes? :wink: :?:

I guess, not that it would matter much, but could provide a useful starting point.....

his SLO is modded, if i needed a clean boost i'd probably try and mxr micro amp, or just build one.

Warren Haynes runs the Metal Zone into a "Very Metal" pedal and then into a "Comp-Tortion" box before going directly into the Soldano SLO-100. He describes the tone as "smooth as a yetti's bottom".

cellardweller said:
fpoon said:
Newysurfer said:
It's a very noisy, tone sucking pedal IMHO and as smooth as a brick in your face.

QFT 8)
What does "QFT" mean???

Any approximation/guesstimation of settings as used by Warren Haynes? :wink: :?:

I guess, not that it would matter much, but could provide a useful starting point.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QFT

Mark Fore said:
Warren Haynes runs the Metal Zone into a "Very Metal" pedal and then into a "Comp-Tortion" box before going directly into the Soldano SLO-100. He describes the tone as "smooth as a yetti's bottom".
Thanks for that detailed description....

Unfortunately, I favor Sasquatch badonkadonk, but maybe with a bit o' tweakin'... :lol:

Has anyone registered the domain name "Sasquatch Badonkodonk"??? Pure brilliance! Great band name!

Mark Fore said:
Has anyone registered the domain name "Sasquatch Badonkodonk"??? Pure brilliance! Great band name!
ehh, I'm into death metal, so it'd have to be something like "rotting sasquatch badonkadonk", or "Sasquatch Badonkadonk of Eternal Damnation" or something equally threatening and/or ominous.....

cellardweller said:
fpoon said:
Newysurfer said:

QFT 8)
What does "QFT" mean???

Quoted For Truth

cellardweller said:
Mark Fore said:
ehh, I'm into death metal, so it'd have to be something like "rotting sasquatch badonkadonk", or "Sasquatch Badonkadonk of Eternal Damnation" or something equally threatening and/or ominous.....
And yes, I did forget to put the sarcastic emoticon on that post....

geesh :roll:

I'm gonna get my entire back tattoo'd with "Rotting Sasquatch Badonkadonk"... with a cool little "RSB" logo in metal letters with an umlaut over the S.

I'm gonna hire hot strippers with facial piercings to sport the latest RSB insignia tattoo. They'll be featured in extreme closeup/pan-out shots on our break-through radio hit video....or something.....

PS...*EDIT*~ WHOOO HOOO! I made it to Mark III!!!

Latest posts

Back