Boss gt 8 10 ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geiri

Reaction score
How many of you guys who bought the gt 10 or 8 are still using them ? And how many of you have sold the units and moved on ???

Geiri

I have, and will always have, a GT of some variety. Currently its a 10, but I am going to sell it to fund a car repair- but rest assured, it will quickly be replaced.
The GT is just too versatile and valuable as a back-up to go without.

I hear you laskyman

I sadly had to let my gt 8 go. But I miss it so I'm getting another one but I think I'll try the 10 this time. The gt 8 worked very well with my mk4 so I expect nothing less from the 10.

I had my gt8 hooked via the 4cm and for the hell of it I tried to create a sound as close to the mk4 lead as I could. I did and a/b-ing them was wicked. This was very close to me, it was the closest to a boogie sound I've ever heard on a digital sim. So what I did was I used the amp control and always had the real deal at the flick of a switch. Then I set up a few patches only slightly altering the eq curve. It was fun an actually sounded great. The powersection of the mk4 probably had a lot to do with it but it worked for me like a diet triaxis :lol:

Had a GT-8. Sold it, regret selling it. At low volumes/headphones, it had some very nice tones. Probably great for some quick recordings. 4CM sucked the tone out of my JMP-1.

Not too old to necro... :)

I bought into the Boss GT line with the GT-6, still have it, still use it as my primary jam and live effects, as well as my pre.

Though the GT-6 is old, I find it amazing, and still tweak out new channels that blow me away, and I've had it since they came out.

Next time I buy an effects processor, it'll be a GT-10....as I use clean amps for power, I find their amp modeling, and pre-amps get me the tone I want.

I even get tube nazi's asking me about my rig.......they see what I use, and think I got something stashed behind the PA rack :)

Does the GT-10 have the ability to patch in different EQs? Can it operate external latching triggers?

For instance, if I wanted to use the same amp channel on my amp for rhythm and lead (Mark V), could I use the amp (purely) for rhythm, then have the GT-10 trigger the amp's G-EQ off and insert it's own EQ curve?

Although I love stompboxes I find them such a pain in the *** to use live I rarely use them. Something like a good floor processor seems ideal.

The GT10 can do many, many things- but can really only "switch" one thing via the 1/4" out (amp channel switch).
I love the GTs as all-in-one solutions, but it is only fully realized if you have a 2 channel amp.
Using one with the V would "create" some issues as you would not be able to retire the V footswitch. The 10 does have up to 4 EQs available per patch though, so you could match the amp EQ to a GT EQ then switch those around as needed. GTs are powerful, and are really only limited by *you*....I have been through the 6, 8, and 10, and only recently (8 months ago) decided to go "all-out" and build my dream board. The GTs are not in the same league in sound quality, but they are more "foot friendly" when set up right.

"Foot friendly"...

That's kind of the issue for me. I've been ducking the issue of using a midi switching rig live by simply not using effects. A floor processor seems like a good (cheaper) alternative, but only if it can control the amp as well.

Yeah- the 10 will not be able to properly control a Mark V- besides, when you have made that kind of investment into an amp, it makes sense to do the effects "right"....

Latest posts

Back