Boss DD3 clipping

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanmuso1

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

The signal from my Mesa Nomad 55 FX Loop send is clipping by Boss DD3 no matter what.. i tried another friends DD3 with the same result. Ive spoken to friends who have the same problem with a MKIV and a Rectoverb.. It seems lots of Boogie users have problems using Boss delays and others in the FX Loops.. We buy Boogies for channel switching so we have to use the FX loop right? What delay pedals work well through the loops of Mesa Boogie amps in general. I've heard the DD20 and Nova Delay work well. Some say they sound too digital though. The Line 6 DL4 worked ok but sound too coloured plus Line 6 claim their unit can be damaged by the send level from an FX loop. Is the DD7 any better than the DD3? My 1995 Boss RV3 does not clip.. Neither does a Visual sound H20 I tried..

Any suggestions?

I had two different DD-3's when I had my Single Rectifier and never had this problem. I also have used a Line 6 delay in my loop and my friend has one too and neither of us had any problems with the line 6 being damaged.

Is your DD-3 the only pedal in your loop? or do you have other pedals in there as well and what order are they in?

I tried the DD3 on its own and in conjunction with a CE5 Chorus and RV3 Reverb/Delay. I allso did the Mesa FX Loop mod from parallel to series. As regards the line 6 DL4 delay, the link is below and I spoke to the rep here in Ireland who confirmed that the line level signal from an FX Loop send can blow the DL4 input buffer!

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-3965

I'd suggest the DD 20. I've never heard anyone say it sounds too digital. In fact, quite the opposite. Many praise it for its realistic emulations. Plus, the little 23 second loop station mode is invaluable. I can't really hear any tone sucking either. I A B'ed it a bunch of times yesterday and I think there might be a very small drop in some super high frequencies which seemed to take away a TINY bit of dynamics. Really nothing I'd be too upset about or even notice otherwise for that matter. It's a really great pedal. The modulation delay is awesome.

The forum is full clipping issues with the DD3.. Going to try a friends DD7 at the weekend. It seams to work well in Boogie FX loop situation..

Latest posts

Back