Boogie mk iv

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesgui

Reaction score
Hi I have stripped my very old boogie mk iv down to install some power and preamp tubes, there appears to be some sort of vacant auxiliary port beside the forth power tube that is vacant. Does anyone know what this is for

Hers a pic of it? 🤔

Attachments

• 16772549518241238368645050400899.jpg
    16772549518241238368645050400899.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 0
hi

If you are referring to the 6 pin xlr connector, then that is for the FU3 foot controller.

Do you have the foot controller?

hi

If you are referring to the 6 pin xlr connector, then that is for the FU3 foot controller.

Do you have the foot controller?
I've got a Mk4 and am too lazy right now to dig it out and take a look, but do you need to reach all the way into the amp to plug the footswitch in?

I've got a Mk4 and am too lazy right now to dig it out and take a look, but do you need to reach all the way into the amp to plug the footswitch in?
No, the xlr is literally at the back by the power tubes. If you feel with your finger you'll locate it easy enough. And the xlr only goes one way around.

No, the xlr is literally at the back by the power tubes. If you feel with your finger you'll locate it easy enough. And the xlr only goes one way around.
That makes sense. Somehow the way things looked in the photo seemed to me to be tucked away pretty far into the back of the amp. Wouldn't make sense that way and I was thinking there was pretty obviously something else going on.

I had a MK IVB combo until I traded it straight across for a Mark V 90 head.
I have to say that I really love the way the Mark IV footswitch stores in the amp. I'd like for Mesa to have kept that feature with the Mk V.

Connecting and disconnecting the cable was easy and it's right there in the back. Best done when the tubes are NOT hot, though.

Lol, one of these days I'm going to have to get my Mk4 back out and set it up. I bought it new, one of the last. I used it for one very short gig before getting enthralled with how an Egnator sounded. It's now been sitting in almost unused condition for close to two decades. I'm back to Mesa Boogie (absolutely blown away by my "new" TA-15) after both a hiatus and also a bunch of kit-built Fender and Marshall clones. I always thought the Mk4 was something special but sometimes I seem to have a tendency to simply collect. I'm still glad I got one before they were discontinued.

The IV kind of struck me as weird with its control layout. I never found it as easy to dial in tones over all three channels because of the number of shared controls AND the number of controls that are side by side but work in different channels. I'll just say it....the front panel layout is the worst of any Mesa. I was really happy to trade even for the Mark V 90. THAT control layout is much easier and it gets rid of
the last shared controls between channels.

I have a buddy with a IV... he said if I touched any of the knobs on it.. he'd beat me. It had taken him a long time to dial in a tone he liked and if I changed anything he'd never be able to figure it out LOL

Latest posts

Back