BOOGIE DC5 AND LES PAUL CUSTOM

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samerics

Reaction score
Firstly forgive the recording, very basic, purely jammed while we were waiting for our rhythm player to turn up to the rehearsal room, so it is a bit loose.

However, it is worth putting on, bum notes, missed beats, bad language and all and all, just to show that the DC5 is one of the finest Boogies ever produced, I love the lead tone, maybe even shades my Stiletto.

http://files1.mailboxdrive.com/freemp3s/s/[email protected]/715655.mp3

PS, hope it works!!!

that's some groovin' stuff man! Sounds like fun! You got tasty licks. And the bassist has got some tone of his own!

Thanks for the comments lads! Settings, errr....

Lead channel, gain 7, treble 6, mid 5, bass, 4, presence 5.5, graphic to a v but not as extreme as boogie's suggestion. Oh, and 2004 Les Paul Custom, which really helps, great guitar!

Off to work now :(

Do you have the combo or head? If head, what cabinet are you using? I have a DC-5 combo 1x12 and have considered an extension cab or just getting a head with the cab.

Thanks

MJ Slaughter said:
Do you have the combo or head? If head, what cabinet are you using? I have a DC-5 combo 1x12 and have considered an extension cab or just getting a head with the cab.

Thanks

This was just the combo, but I used to run it with a 3/4 back 1x12 and it sounded much better. Basically any decent extension cab on the floor brings it alive, sounds huge!

samerics said:
MJ Slaughter said:

Thanks

This was just the combo, but I used to run it with a 3/4 back 1x12 and it sounded much better. Basically any decent extension cab on the floor brings it alive, sounds huge!

Do you think that a closed or open back 1x12 under the combo would be better? I like the idea of a closed back with the already open back combo for versitility but I've never tried that combination before.

Back