Bay Area Guitar Tech Recommendations?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TemporarilyStairs

Reaction score
Hey folks, wasn't positive this was the best place to put this thread, but it's close enough right?

Long story short: I'm on the road, and have miraculously got almost two weeks (!!) of time in one area, and my axes are in desperate need of a setup, and maybe some other work. I wanted to see if I could snag any recommendations as far as people/places to take 'em to while I'm out here (near Los Gatos.) I'm not all that worried since it's fairly routine/easy stuff (not like i need a re-fret or anything, heh) but generally it seems it's pretty easy to find out who the guys with good reputations are in the area, and I want to do just that.

Thanks in advance, folks!

There is a music shop in San Jose with an awesome tech. He does work on a lot of higher profile musicians gear, but affordable for us normal people too. As soon as I remember the shop's name I'll get back to you.

Gelb Music in Redwood City is a very good shop, carrying high end gear. i don't know who their tech is right now, but they are very reputable. It is north of Los Gatos about 20 minutes.

You also could call Gryphon Music in Palo Alto. While they are the pre-eminent acoustic guitar store in the south bay, I am sure either their tech could do good work, or they could refer you to top end techs.

I lived down there for many years, but have been living in Petaluma for nearly 20 years now.
Good luck,
Brent

Latest posts

Back