Bad Presence pot on .50 cal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangar18

Reaction score
I recently acquired a .50 cal + and am only somewhat impressed. The presence knob doesn't change the tone at all so I pulled the preamp and all the wires look good. I'm guessing the pot needs cleaned or replaced. Is mesa the only place I could buy one if thats what it needs? Could it be the resistor on the pot? Thanks.

If I rember right with your master volume set low you will not hear presence adjustments. Try turning up the master then adjust the presence. It was either the master or lead master if set too low you wont hear any presence adjustments.
Rick

Thanks. It works, it's just not a very powerful control. This amp seems dark all the time.

Hi guys!

I have another sort of problem with the presence pot on my 50cal+. It works as another master volume. Could it be a bad 005 cap at the pot?

Well I lurked into the chassis and everything seemed normal... the cap is soldered tight. Think I'll replace the cap since it's dirt cheap, if it won't work, then we'll see what next.

ps. sorry for reviving a necrothread ;)

adamlanghans said:
Perhaps someone modded it into a variable Negative Feedback Resistor?
How would someone do that? I want to do that with my 50 cal +

Sorry for the old thread bump :lol:

Latest posts

Back