Anyone tried tubes from SRS webstore?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmaster

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has experience with this vendor and if their promise of "not finding better matched tubes anywhere" is followed through on.

I'm not sure how one goes about measuring the "matchness" of a pair of tubes, but I bought a dozen "matched" tubes from this company.

My brother plays through an early nineties vintage Mesa 400+ bass amp. It hadn't ever been completely retubed (2 pairs replaced in its lifetime, as I recall), as it requires 12 6L6 tubes--expensive! After 14 years or so, the amp had become dull sounding, relatively speaking--it still sounded as good as anything I'd ever heard.

Anyway, I got him a new set of 12 power tubes for his birthday last year. They arrived quickly and functioned perfectly, as far as I can tell.

It's been over a year since it was retubed, without any trouble. The amp sounded much better with the tubes SRS sent. The new tubes restored punch and clarity. The difference was truly noticeable, but remember, we we replaced some very old tubes! Even though this amp is a beast, (500+ watts), the original tubes lasted for years.

Back