anyone here use a boss ns2 noise gate??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt_silenced

Reaction score
heys guys , just wondering if anyone uses a boss ns2 with their mesa dual rec.
im thinking about getting one and was wondering what people thought of them.

I use a Ns-2 with my Nomad, and it worked ALOT better with my 5150 II then it does with my Mesa. I might have to try it in front of the amp now.

I highly recommend the ISP noise decimator instead of the boss! Completely true bypass, and works perfectly with my recto!

FYI, no noise gate is going to work properly in a Recto's parallel loop. They need to be in a series loop (which a Recto doesn't have), or in front of the amp (which won't eliminate amp noise or hum).

I use-to run one! Still have it! On a shelf! I liked the loop on it, and the fact you did'nt half to run it like a gate! Had it configured like this: Guitar in>Guitar out>Digital Delay>Amp. In it's loop: Send>Tuner>Wah>Flanger>Chorus>Return. When it came to recording, I would eliminate the effects, and fall in love with my tone again! I no longer use any effects, or as I call them, affects! :wink:

Platypus said:
Save your $ for something nicer, the Boss is a horrible tone sucker.

i actually like the way it affects my tone. It just adds a little bit more low-mids, which is fine with me. And i almost always have it on. Haven't used the Decimator, but the Boss works fine for me right now.

Platypus said:

That's BS. Mine works fine and doesn't color the tone. If it's good enough for John Petrucci, it's good enough for me.

Daniel K said:
Platypus said:

Why do people always say this?

It's not at all. I have used mine with mayn different amps too.

CudBucket said:
Platypus said:

That's BS. Mine works fine and doesn't color the tone. If it's good enough for John Petrucci, it's good enough for me.

I don't know, that was my personal experience every time I've used it. The ISP Decimator was the only one I used that didn't effect the overall tone.

A/B'ing the pedals, there was no comparison. If you try it and like it go for it, just trying to help someone out but apparently my opinion and therefore my attempt to save someone some hassle is 'BS' :roll:

My Ns-2 must be an older version, because mine doesn't suck tone at all.

Anyways: The ISP's are probably the best. The rack version is awesome

Latest posts

Back