Anyone get screwed on Board Classifieds?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogie

Reaction score
Just wondering your experiences. Is it common or very uncommon to have someone just run off with your money?

I have bought many things from forums but I always pay with PayPal and add the fees for protection unless it’s someone who has been around a long time, active and has perfect feedback (for cheaper items).

Im trying to buy something right now from someone. They just joined 2 months ago. They insisted I use friends and family option on paypal but i finally got them to agree to goods and service if i paid $25 more to cover fees. Sent the money, it cleared yesterday. But they are saying it is not released yet and i need to confirm receipt before they ship it out. Seems odd to me that i have to confirm a received something that hasnt even been mailed yet. Not sure what to do here.

I would not confirm received if you have not received it yet (I am assuming you had a typo "receipt").

They could say you confirmed receiving it and don't send it to you.

Either their English is poor (they might have meant they need to wait until they have received proof of the payment before shipping it out) or they intend to scam you.

If they don't ship it out after a few days and they say they are still waiting for the payment then say you will request a refund through PayPal and then start a "refund" process for it.

You are protected since you paid the fees.

Im trying to buy something right now from someone. They just joined 2 months ago. They insisted I use friends and family option on paypal but i finally got them to agree to goods and service if i paid $25 more to cover fees. Sent the money, it cleared yesterday. But they are saying it is not released yet and i need to confirm receipt before they ship it out. Seems odd to me that i have to confirm a received something that hasnt even been mailed yet. Not sure what to do here.
Sounds sketchy to me. Don't confirm receipt before it's received, and you may just want to bail. The money hasn't been released yet for a reason. If you confirm receipt, don't get the item and then try to get a refund from Paypal they'll want to know why you said you got it. (fwiw, posters on Reddit say that you lose buyer protection once you confirm receipt of item. The poster with the question did click "confirm", got a sponge in the mail and had to go through a long claim process to try getting their money back.)

Last edited:
yup its a scam. I did not confirm receiving it and asked for my money back. it was for a head shell, now i find out he is telling paypal the item was a itunes gift card and he sent it to me. I should easily win the claim since i have proof of everything and he just blatantly lied about the item but just so you are all aware his info is below.
Paypal name: Daniel Jegede
username:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 11.48.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 11.48.44 AM.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 0
yup its a scam. I did not confirm receiving it and asked for my money back. it was for a head shell, now i find out he is telling paypal the item was a itunes gift card and he sent it to me. I should easily win the claim since i have proof of everything and he just blatantly lied about the item but just so you are all aware his info is below.
Paypal name: Daniel Jegede
username:
It may be the same Jabroni who tried to get me a few months ago. They were claiming to be from Alaska, had a blue/black snake skin headshell and demanded Friends & Family or Venmo. I reported them to the admin and they got booted. Wouldn’t be surprised if they spun up a new account. Pull the ripcord and bail!

It may be the same Jabroni who tried to get me a few months ago. They were claiming to be from Alaska, had a blue/black snake skin headshell and demanded Friends & Family or Venmo. I reported them to the admin and they got booted. Wouldn’t be surprised if they spun up a new account. Pull the ripcord and bail!
yup thats exactly the same guy. alaska, snakeskin headshell.

Back