Amp kits

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinlb

Reaction score
I've taken an interest in trying to build Amp kits. There are plenty of kits for old Marshall and Fender designs. Are Boogies too new to have expired patents or am I missing them or is there another reason?

I'd love to build one.

Boogies tend to be on a complex side of amps..

These kits usually (that I’ve seen) are single channel amps with no switching etc. so they’re pretty straightforward 😁 Mesas in general have lots of bells and switches - which would be a nightmare to troubleshoot for beginner or even amateur

There used to be a Russian company that sold iic+, dual rectifier and mkiv pcbs & chassis. I built their kit years ago.

Maybe check sloclone. There's a fair few iic+ preamp pcbs out there

There used to be a Russian company that sold iic+, dual rectifier and mkiv pcbs & chassis. I built their kit years ago.

Maybe check sloclone. There's a fair few iic+ preamp pcbs out there
I thought I saw that years ago. I wasn’t that keen on building a Mark II at the time. The irony is the SOB I own has the Mark II transformer set for the build.

This is worth mentioning, a long time ago I was rebuilding a Brown Note D’Lite kit for a guy. In order to get the best Dumble tones from the D’Lite I subbed in the output transformer from my SOB. The logic was the amp was now running 6L6’s so it should sound better with Bassman like SOB output transformer. To my surprise, the smaller Heyboer transformer had better mids and sounded better. I noticed there is components in the Mark II amp to boost the bass response.

Regards

Mark

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back