Ahh the good ole days, or a mess of MK's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey707

Reaction score
I found this photo from the early 90's I think. I thought you Boogie fanatics might enjoy seeing a mess of MK's. This was taken at the height of my Boogie hording. I just couldn't stop buying these amps.

BoogieAmps.jpg

The amps on the left from top to bottom are,

MK IIC+ 100 watt
MK III simul-class modded to C+ specs
MK III simul-class modded to C+ specs
MK II C+ 100 watt with added cathode follower(extra tube stage)
Right side,

MK II C+ 60 watt
MK II C+ 100 watt
MK III simul-class combo
I still own the modded MK III's and the MK II C+ 60 watt head.

Here's a photo of my old rig used during my "loud" is better days
The amps are 1 of the modded MK III's and the IIC+ big head shown above. Cabs were very early rectos. They were covered in the MK style bumpy vinyl and were loaded with greenbacks instead of V 30's.

StereoBoogieRig.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: I know where are all the Mk's now. Lucky B... oh my my

Elpelotero said:
john petrucci who???

I don't get it...like I see a connection that they both have tons of mesa boogie gear but i just don't get that..

anyways amazing rig! is the place you work at hiring? :lol:

Nick_cor said:
Elpelotero said:
john petrucci who???

I don't get it...like I see a connection that they both have tons of mesa boogie gear but i just don't get that..quote]

that was pretty much it...just joking around saying he's got more C+'s than Petrucci. Not to mention more C+'s than most computer programming systems.

I got a laugh out of it. As I mentioned in the original post the picture is around 15 years old. I had Boogieitis real bad at that time. The most MK series amps I ever owned was 9. I had to go to rehab and now I'm down to 4. I don't own the big cabs anymore either. One nice thing, most of the amps I sold were to people I know. So they're still around and I see them occasionally.

Now that's impressive. I was worried about buying one. :wink:

I got the big cabs thing out of the way with the Ampegs & Marshalls

From then on ... one Boogie ... one speaker ... but that is still impressive.

That was pretty awesome...

What is that, over $10k worth of Boogie?

These days it certainly would be over $10K to get those amps. At the time the most I paid for any of those amps was the hardwood one. I'm pretty sure I got that one for $700. That'll never happen again! One of the big head MK III's I picked up in a pawnshop for $400.
Another thing I should mention is the blonde MK IIC+ head actually belongs to my wife, but I am allowed to use.

Your wife plays guitar, and owns a Boogie?

No wonder you married her!

Nice rig man!

Latest posts

Back