Adding reverb to original Mark 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdove

Reaction score
When I purchased Mark 1 in the 78, I did not get reverb. In a medium/big room, there is no issue but would like to be able to add reverb in a small room.

What's the best way to add reverb?

Can the effects loop be used to add reverb after the pre-amp? When I say "effects loop" there is an output (with level knob) and input to power amp on the back ... I've never used them.

Can a reverb pedal be used before the pre-amp? I've read that screws up the tone.

I have a fix ... mic the amp through a Fender Acoustasonic ... adding reverb. But I have to carry two amps. Sounds pretty good though ... just bulky. It's like running the boogie through a PA system. My amp has always sounded good at low volumes (1.5-2.0 on master volume). So this works for me if there's not a fix.

If the chassis has the extra preamp tube punched, I would probably add the reverb from the Mesa schematic. IMO, there is no substitute for tube driven reverb. You may even be able to do it yourself. :D

I just saw an old Marshall reverb unit the other day at GC in Fountain Valley. The thing looked like an amp but it was just a reverb unit. How do those old reverb units sound?

Even though I successfully replaced the fetron, I think I'd be leary of trying to put a full reverb unit in off the drawing. I'd hate to screw that up. How hard do you think this would be?

What about these stand alone reverb units? I don't guess I've ever seen them ... where can I see one ... websites ... what to search for?

I don't want to use a digital pedal in front of the preamp ... but is it possible to tap the preamp signal ... add reverb and send back to the amp with the loop in the back of the amp.

I'm not sure that would work and don't want to buy one just to find out it won't work.

I do my own external reverb unit on a 2 rack spaces with filters, compressor, tube preamp and of course the reverb unit, there was about a year ago, if you want I could give you all the design, or maybe you could see some pictures when I was doing it on that link

http://www.guitarristas.info/portal/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4781&highlight=muelles

Interesting Fender reverb unit but not right for me: Online manual says that it's designed to use between guitar and amplifier ONLY WITH THE CLEAN CHANNEL and that it is NOT recommended for use in an EFFECTS LOOP.

Right now what I'm doing is: I place a microphone on my 12" EVM speaker and run it through a Fender Acoustasonic amplifier) made to amplify an acoustic guitar through 2x8 + piezo horn. I add reverb there ... sounds good in that reverb is after preamp, power amp and speaker. If I'm running through the PA, I can add reverb there instead. So I only use this when I don't have a PA. Downside is carrying two amps to practice.

After doing a little research, I'm not sure this isn't the best way ... sounds good ... and I can record from the Acoustasonic amp.

Interesting Fender reverb unit but not right for me: Online manual says that it's designed to use between guitar and amplifier ONLY WITH THE CLEAN CHANNEL and that it is NOT recommended for use in an EFFECTS LOOP.

Right now what I'm doing is: I place a microphone on my 12" EVM speaker and run it through a Fender Acoustasonic amplifier) made to amplify an acoustic guitar through 2x8 + piezo horn. I add reverb there ... sounds good in that reverb is after preamp, power amp and speaker. If I'm running through the PA, I can add reverb there instead. So I only use this when I don't have a PA. Downside is carrying two amps to practice.

After doing a little research, I'm not sure this isn't the best way ... sounds good ... and I can record from the Acoustasonic amp.

Latest posts

Back