6ca7 Tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just fired up my Stiletto and I've got 6ca7 in it. To be honest its been a couple of months since I've played and I forgot how good this thing sounds with these tubes. I have a stage one Deuce and to be honest...I don't think I'd do any mods. These tubes rounded everything out.

I did end up getting a Stiletto Deuce II and I am running the 6ca7's I had in my Roadster in it. I went back to the 6l6's because the first set of 6ca7 tubes I had one red plate on me. Didn't damage anything, so I sent them back under warranty and got a slightly colder biased set. I tried them again in the Roadster, but they didn't have the magic of the first set. They still sound great in the Stiletto so there they will stay.

Adding to the Stiletto Stage 1 din. Bought mine new when Guitar Center was blowing them out to make way for the Stage 2. And like everyone else, couldn't get rid of the top-end fizz or the low-end flub. Always had to EQ in the loop (4cm). Played plenty of gigs with that setup. Wasn't great, got it done. Tried JJ el34s (fixed the low-end, made the highs painfull) and KT77s (fixed the high-end, made the lows even looser). Was getting ready to sell it when I was asked to join a Classic Rock ('70s) project. The Stiletto should be perfect for this if I could find the right tube combo. The JJs just didn't get me there (the KT77s sound great in my MkIII). Off to the Tube Depot...

EH 6ca7 (42 rating)
V1: tung-sol
V2: tung-sol
V3/V4: EH 7025
V5: EH 7025 balanced, high-gain

Hello Stiletto! Wow. Usable in all modes, bold/spongy - everything sounds full and balanced. Sounds better with the loop EQ off! :shock:

Back