2:90 voicing modes question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my 2:90 has always done that and it's an older one with a blue main power light.

I don't use the amp modes for exactly that reason.
one of the modes also introduced a low end hum which annoyed me as well.. I suspect it was deep or modern or a combo of the two of them.

again.. I never use the modes, but might have to re-explore them at some point.

Brian

I've used an older 2:90 for many years now, and don't even use the modes. The amp sounds stellar without them. I tried them at first, but they
weren't worth the trouble of switching them in and out. I was once told by a sound engineer at a gig in a very large hall that my use of the "Deep" was just "too deep". The amp has plenty of bottom end without the Deep switched on.

The deep mode usually pops. THink of the deep and modern modes as a EQ circuit built into the amp that is switchable on and off.

And unfortunately yes, the deep mode is noiset. I never used it in my old 290. THe 290 sounds best without any of the modes engaged. However, in some scenarios, those voicings can be used to compensate for a preamp or club that has something very lacking

Back