2:90 - no sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c w/ w

Reaction score
I picked up a used 2:90, and after making all the connections to the Triaxis last night, no signal was being sent to the 4x12. I replaced all the tubes, checked the fuses, replaced instrument and speaker cables and still nothing. I even tried plugging the guitar directly into the 2:90, just to simplify the setup, but still the same problem.

Is there anything else I can try before looking for a tech? I am not in the US, so finding someone qualified to make a repair might be difficult.

I am assuming that you checked the obvious (like making sure that you haven't set the output volumes on your preamp to 0 or stuff like that :) )

No sound from both channels?

If it's not covered by any sort of warranty, I'd just open it and give a look inside for loose wires, unplugged connectors or something like that. Make sure the poweramp it's not connected to the AC before you remove the first screw.

If it's not something this easy, I would not recommend to go any further, unless you know very well what you're doing. Working on tube amps means that you'll have to deal with potentially lethal voltages. Both channels mute makes me think that possibly the plate or grid voltage is missing (the fact that tubes glow may signify that only the heater voltage is applied), or things like that, and you'll better have it done by a tech.

Latest posts

Back