1992 Mark IV, circuit questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenkamm

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Mark IV built in 1992. I am not the first owner. I am converting from combo to head, so I removed the amp and took a look inside. As I looked around in there I found a couple of things that didn't look like the pictures I'd seen in the big Mark IV thread, so I was wondering if my amp has been modified. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be great. The amp seems to work fine, but I don't have another Mark IV to compare to.

Here are the pics from the Mark IV thread:
IMGP1392.jpg

IMGP1394.jpg

IMGP1393-2.jpg

And here are a couple of pics of mine. I circled the areas of concern in red. In the first picture, it looks like a couple of resistors may have been substituted on the outer poweramp tubes. In the second picture, it looks like a component was added, and stuck in place with some glue. The circuit board looks like it was reworked in the area where the leads of the component connect.

DSC_1771.JPG

DSC_1778.JPG

Thanks,
Ken

The small black resistors on the power amp are just smaller 2.7K 3 watt. They look just like the ones used on later IV's.
The brown box cap looks like it's either a mod or correction to the recording out circuit as it's in the GEQ/Recording Out section near the inductor.

Wow. I guess that sure sums it up! Thanks for your help, I guess I'm good to go. I'm not too worried about the recording circuit. :)

Thanks,
Ken

Latest posts

Back